Do you still suffer from the feelings of guilt, shame or anger, for something that happened in your childhood?
Year 2017 brought a lot of my attention to this subject… “Child Abuse”. Be it catching a person abusing a toddler and getting him to jail, or be it my workshop participants and coachees talking about their 20+ years old memories and the impact on them even till date.
If not dealt with the right approach, unconsciously they become a big reason for
- Personality disorders like most of the times operating out of Anger, Guilt, Insecurities
- Psychosomatic issues like stress, backache, unexplained lumps in the body, blisters etc.
- Relationship issues like inability to trust others, and have long lasting relationships with anyone
More so, these carpeted emotions about the unpleasant childhood can be a BIG reason why you are not able to move ahead in life or feel completely happy.
So if you are willing to deal with the impact of these memories, and really move ahead towards a life that is truly happy, successful, guilt-free… START NOW.
Given below are the top 3 MENTAL TRAPS, that are usually built in the person’s mind owing to these unpleasant abuse memories, if not resolved on time …
- Association of “CHILD ABUSE” with “PURITY” and “STIGMA”
- Self victimization : Feeling that “I DON’T DESERVE HAPPINESS”
- Generalization that – RELATIONSHIPS ARE BAD
Here are 3 awesome tools to ensure you get out of these mental traps –
a) Affirmations for self-esteem : Read them everyday as many times as possible
- I deserve to be happy and successful.
- I deserve a good life.
- I am competent, smart and able.
- I am growing and changing for the better.
- I love the person I am becoming.
b) Ho’oponopono : Read about this simple yet amazingly effective healing process. It’s around these four magical sentences : I’m Sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you, I love you. Inbox me if you need more information about this.
c) Neuro-Linguistic Programming techniques like – Dissociation, cutting the chord, Perceptual positions, timeline etc. are extremely helpful to deal with bad memories.
Last but not the least, finding someone trustworthy and sharing these memories to process and understand other people’s perspectives really help.
End of the day, remember, It is “US” who decide what to get affected from? What is worth our time and what is not.
We operate in all Tier 1, 2 cities in India